Vietnamese-style Chicken salad by Paul Bough
- 2 x chicken breasts, sliced
- 2 red chillies, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 100ml oyster sauce
- 3 limes, juice of 2 1 cut into wedges 300g cooked rice noodles
- 300g beansprouts
- 3 carrots, cut into julienne
- 1 red pepper, cut into julienne
- Small bunch mint
- 50g unsalted peanuts, roughly chopped
Dry-fry the chicken in a frying pan until nicely browned and starting to crisp, then pour off any fat. Add the chopped chilli and garlic, and fry for a few more mins. Add the oyster sauce and lime juice, and cook for another 5 mins until sticky.
To assemble the salad, divide the rice noodles between bowls, top with the chicken, then place a handful of carrot, pepper beansprouts and mint leaves around each bowl. Sprinkle with peanuts and the sliced chilli. Before eating, toss all the ingredients together.